Posted to alt.home.repair
Muggles[_18_] Muggles[_18_] is offline

Default OT - American politics

On 3/2/2017 7:06 PM, wrote:
On Thu, 2 Mar 2017 17:50:30 -0600, Muggles
wrote:

On 3/2/2017 4:19 PM,
wrote:
On Thu, 2 Mar 2017 12:20:28 -0600, Muggles
wrote:

On 3/2/2017 12:08 PM,
wrote:
On Thu, 2 Mar 2017 09:08:35 -0600, Muggles
wrote:
SNIPP

I don't care what some famous person has to say. They're not any more
important than the rest of us.

You're right. Donald Trump is a perfect example.

One big difference is Trump is our President vs. celebrities hold no
position of authority.

Before he was President, he was a celebrity who parlayed
saying outrageous things into a popular television show

Before he was President, I didn't give him a second thought.

and notoriety on the news, and who inherited a lot of
money and has had mixed success in business, including
accusations of not paying vendors and welching on deals.

Show me a successful business that doesn't have that going on. Do you
know the details on those deals or why there is/was a dispute?

I can show you hundreds of successfull business, run by successfull
businessmen with strong moral character who have never welched on a
deal, never failed to pay a vendor or subtrade, never declared
bankrupsy to avoid an inconvenience, and concientiously paid their
income taxes. Many have gone through hard times where a "lesser man"
would have declared corporate bankrupsy and walked away from their

See, there's the problem. You equate bankruptcy with the business owner
being a "lesser" person. Why? Failure of any business isn't equivalent
to having a questionable character.

A VERY large percentage of (particularly small to medium) corporate
bankruptsies are "bankruptsies of convenience" or voluntary
bankruptsy, They take "the easy way out"
I personally know of a fair number of bankruptsies that should NEVER
have proceded - where the petitioner came back within a year or so,
bigger than ever, after having burned al his previous suppliers, under
a new business entity. Some have done it 3 or more times.

How can you judge people you don't even know?

[...]

I've KNOWN Them. Like I said - you don't GET it.
I "personally" "know" the two I mentioned. I've known the one all my
life, and the other all HIS life.

You weren't just talking about people you know, though.

--
Maggie