Posted to alt.home.repair
rbowman rbowman is offline

Default OT - American politics

On 03/02/2017 10:20 AM, philo wrote:
I often worked in Chicago and one day I walked into a McDonalds on the
south side.

As soon as I got it I realized I was the only white person in there and
my first reaction was to get the hell out of there ASAP.

Of course my hunger over-ruled, I had lunch there and no one looked at
me twice and obviously nothing at all happened.

First time in my life I realized what African-Americans must feel like
in predominantly white society.

The first time I was in Chicago the desk clerk at the hotel said 'Enjoy
your stay. Just don't go south of Roosevelt Road'. A friend was at the
university and when I drove down to visit her I thought I'd stumbled
into another country.