Posted to alt.home.repair
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default Amazon Shipping Is So Weird

In article , says...

On 3/2/2017 12:24 PM, Frank wrote:

You have to read the offering as there are many variations.
Sold by third party but shipped by Amazon
Sold by Amazon but shipped by third party
Prime shipping, free 2 days
Not Prime, but free shipping.
No Prime, shipping added

I bought a phone at Staples for $30. Used half gallon of gas to go get
it. Could have had it delivered under Prime in two days for $20.

I never bought anything that said Prime and got charged for shipping.

I don't have Prime but order about 20 items from Amazone each year.
Good thing about the internet is Ican compair prices from many places
and pick the lesser price. Just have to be sure I add in the shipping.

Just ordered a power supply off ebay as the were less expensive. Their
price was way under the others, but the shipping seemed high to me.
However even with that they were still less.

All most everything I get from Amazon takes them a week to ship and a
few days to get here. If Amazone has another vender to ship,they usually
ship it out the next day. Just about all the other places shipe by the
end of the next day at the latest.

I have ordered some things like a 60 inch TV from Bset Buy as the
nearest store is about half an hour or more away. That would tie me up
for a good 2 hours . The tv was shipped free, two people brought it out
and unboxed it and set it on the stand. They plugged it in and turned
it on. They said the policy was they did not hook up the cable or
antenna to the sets. Then carried off the box it came in. They even
offered to carry off the old 47 inch TV, but I was going to give it to
my son. They did move it to another room for me. Sure beats me trying
to have to handle that big of a set.