Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT - American politics

On Thu, 02 Mar 2017 14:02:16 -0500, "(PeteCresswell)"
wrote:

Per Muggles:
Show me a successful business that doesn't have that going on. Do you
know the details on those deals or why there is/was a dispute?

My impression is that, at some point, Trump got out of the
building-stuff business because no contractor would agree to work for
him after he had stiffed so many of them.

I know some local contractors in the same boat.
I know an organization who, due to "internal connections" contracted
to have their building built by this one particular contractor - and
virtually every subcontract was like pulling teeth - with bids coming
in at 200 to 300% of estimates. NOBODY wanted to work for the
contactor. The "inside connection" was the superintendent, and when HE
became the "contractor of record", calling for the bids on behalf of
the organization, the prices came right down where they belonged -
with multiple bids coming in because they knew they didn't have to
deal with the shyster that owned the contracting business for
payment..

The organization paid the subtrades directly -
My Dad used to do electrical work for the contractor, and he got to
the point he refused to da any work for him. He never got stiffed -
but he knew far too many who had. The contractor ended up being a land
speculator/developer after no-one would work for him any more.