Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT - American politics

On Thu, 2 Mar 2017 12:20:28 -0600, Muggles
wrote:

On 3/2/2017 12:08 PM, wrote:
On Thu, 2 Mar 2017 09:08:35 -0600, Muggles
wrote:
SNIPP

I don't care what some famous person has to say. They're not any more
important than the rest of us.

You're right. Donald Trump is a perfect example.

One big difference is Trump is our President vs. celebrities hold no
position of authority.

Before he was President, he was a celebrity who parlayed
saying outrageous things into a popular television show

Before he was President, I didn't give him a second thought.

and notoriety on the news, and who inherited a lot of
money and has had mixed success in business, including
accusations of not paying vendors and welching on deals.

Show me a successful business that doesn't have that going on. Do you
know the details on those deals or why there is/was a dispute?

I can show you hundreds of successfull business, run by successfull
businessmen with strong moral character who have never welched on a
deal, never failed to pay a vendor or subtrade, never declared
bankrupsy to avoid an inconvenience, and concientiously paid their
income taxes. Many have gone through hard times where a "lesser man"
would have declared corporate bankrupsy and walked away from their

See, there's the problem. You equate bankruptcy with the business owner
being a "lesser" person. Why? Failure of any business isn't equivalent
to having a questionable character.

A VERY large percentage of (particularly small to medium) corporate
bankruptsies are "bankruptsies of convenience" or voluntary
bankruptsy, They take "the easy way out"
I personally know of a fair number of bankruptsies that should NEVER
have proceded - where the petitioner came back within a year or so,
bigger than ever, after having burned al his previous suppliers, under
a new business entity. Some have done it 3 or more times.
One had 3 "bankruptsies of convenience" before his 4th bankruptsy
that actually ended up setting him back - Karma is a nonforgiving
mistress!!!
I know another where the business owner had overextended himself -
leasing several expensive vehicles - a fancier tow truck than he
needed, plus fancy vehicles for himself and his wife/business partner.
They were putting in long hours to make it go, and he just decided he
wanted to make a change - and rather than wind the business down,
selling the assets to pay the bills (the assets were worth FAR more
than his debts) and paying the penalies to terminate the leases, he
just declared bankruptsy and walked away. The trustee just handed all
the equipment to the landlord in lieu of the last month's rent - and
the landloard leased the building, complete with all contents, to
another body shop. The landlord made out like a bandiit, the leasingf
company repossesed the vehicles, and the guy went to work for another
company driving their tow trucks.
It didn't cost him a red cent, and he hung all his creditors,
including family members, out to dry.
I don't think he learned anything out of the experience either.

"questionable character" was definitely involved in many of them.

obligations, without suffering at all from it - they stuck it out,
worked their asses off, and paid every cent they owed, with interest -
doing without themselves until every cent was paid back
And when they got back on their feet and did well, they put money into
the community in many ways,

Businessmen with the "business ethics" of Mr Trump generally get their
due rewards - here on earth. I've known a few who died rich and
friendless -even their families wanting nothing to do with them
because the "could not be trusted"

hmmm He appears to have a lot of friends, and his family is pretty
large, too. If he was THAT bad you'd think they would all abandon him.

How many friends would he have if he had a proven net worth of under
$250,000? His money and his image have a lot of friends.