Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT - American politics

On Thu, 2 Mar 2017 09:08:35 -0600, Muggles
wrote:
SNIPP

I don't care what some famous person has to say. They're not any more
important than the rest of us.

You're right. Donald Trump is a perfect example.

One big difference is Trump is our President vs. celebrities hold no
position of authority.

Before he was President, he was a celebrity who parlayed
saying outrageous things into a popular television show

Before he was President, I didn't give him a second thought.

and notoriety on the news, and who inherited a lot of
money and has had mixed success in business, including
accusations of not paying vendors and welching on deals.

Show me a successful business that doesn't have that going on. Do you
know the details on those deals or why there is/was a dispute?

I can show you hundreds of successfull business, run by successfull
businessmen with strong moral character who have never welched on a
deal, never failed to pay a vendor or subtrade, never declared
bankrupsy to avoid an inconvenience, and concientiously paid their
income taxes. Many have gone through hard times where a "lesser man"
would have declared corporate bankrupsy and walked away from their
obligations, without suffering at all from it - they stuck it out,
worked their asses off, and paid every cent they owed, with interest -
doing without themselves until every cent was paid back
And when they got back on their feet and did well, they put money into
the community in many ways,

Businessmen with the "business ethics" of Mr Trump generally get their
due rewards - here on earth. I've known a few who died rich and
friendless -even their families wanting nothing to do with them
because the "could not be trusted"

His habit of settling out of court makes it difficult
to find the facts on some of those accusations.

What's wrong with settling out of court?

Settling out of court can just mean you don't have the time to invest in
some lengthy process that demands your attention.

Those are not qualities that I really look for in a
President.

That's your prerogative.

I was looking to vote for a president, and it wasn't going to be
Hillary, either. It just turned out that I actually liked Trump.