Posted to alt.home.repair
burfordTjustice burfordTjustice is offline

Default Amazon Shipping Is So Weird

On Thu, 2 Mar 2017 07:15:14 -0800 (PST)
DerbyDad03 wrote:

I was looking for some LED bulbs for my trailer. I found a bulb that
I like was getting ready to order it.

Based on how my corporate network works, my computer looks to many
web sites like I am located in NYC, which I am not.

Leaving it as the default zip of 10001 (NYC), I can get Free Prime
Same Day *delivery*, total cost $12.98.

If I use the shipping drop down to change it to my actual zip, the
item is not eligible for Prime. It's $9.99 + $2.99 shipping, total
cost $12.98.

But wait...there's a link that says "Avaiable with free Prime
Shipping from other sellers on Amazon". If I use that link, it is
eligible for Prime and I can get Free 2 Day shipping, total cost
$12.98.

So, obviously the Prime shipping isn't really free and your location
matters and the seller matters. It's obvious that Amazon wants you to
join Prime because they point you to Prime-eligible sellers for the
same item, even though the total cost is going to be the same. The
only difference might be the 2-day shipping via Prime vs. standard
shipping when you actually "pay" for shipping separately.

You are always whining about Amazon.
Get your stuff somewhere else and STFU.
Trader sells on ebay,,buy from him/