Edwin Pawlowski

Default Help On Fax/Phone Line

"Nick" wrote in message
Or would I split ther line with a 2 line inline splitter and one for
modem on pc and the other to the printer for it to answer fax. How
would the fax know to answer vs. the phone ringing then from the wall.
Hope somebody can shed some light on me for this. Nick

This can be done a few different ways and still will work the same way.

My method is to have a multi line plug adapter at the phone jack. Each unit
is plugged in by itself.

Each unit receives the same ring in pulse at the same time. You set the
fax to pick up after say, 4 or 5 rings. That gives you time to answer the
phone before the fax picks up. If you have an answering machine, it will
know to ignore a fax tone.

Read the instructions for each and it will give you the best setting for
different circumstances.
Ed

http://pages.cthome.net/edhome

Ed