Posted to alt.home.repair
rbowman rbowman is offline

Default OT - American politics

On 03/01/2017 09:59 PM, Uncle Monster wrote:
I see it all the time and my darker skinned cousins who are of sub-Saharan African ancestry have told me that when they visit large cities in The Northern states they experience racism like never before.

I can't find the qoute but Billie Holiday said something like in the
south they don't care how close a black person gets as long as they
don't get too high. In the north they don't care how high he gets as
long as he doesn't get too close.

I used to hang out in Irish Mafia joints in Massachusetts. Watching
basketball games was always fun. There was big money on the game so the
patrons were in the uncomfortable position of rooting for blacks. They
would try to concentrate on Havlicek and Cowens rather than Ard, White,
Scott and so forth. Hockey was less stressful with all that nice white ice.