Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Clifford Heath Clifford Heath is offline

Default Dual SIM issues

On 26/02/17 07:45, micky wrote:
In sci.electronics.repair, on Sat, 25 Feb 2017 14:29:59 -0500, micky
wrote:
In sci.electronics.repair, on Sat, 25 Feb 2017 14:27:56 -0500, micky
wrote:
If you don't know what Saturday is, you're definitely old.
Ah... reprieved (I think). If "Saturday" is still the sixth day of the week, I've got at least some time left!
I think it's only the sixth day of the week in France.

Bad syntax on my part. I think only in France is it the sixth day of
the week.

Even for France, I'm only going by where it appears on printed
calendars....
I looked into this a little, and afaict the Catholics don't say Sunday
is the 7th day, which would make Saturday the 6th. . They say it's the
Lord's Day.

Some IT systems standards count Sunday as the first day, some Monday.
Some number the first day as zero, some as one. Anything that cares
to number the days of the week needs to allow this to be configured
to local customs.

I've been to France but don't remember seeing a calendar. But I've read
that it's been changed, something to do with the French Revolution or
maybe it was Napoleon.

I think calendar reform is a good idea, but won't ever happen.

In my ideal calendar, each year has ten months, one week, and
a day (or two for a leap year). A month is seven weeks, and a
week is five days - still with a 2-day weekend. That would
reduce annual working days to 84% of the current 260 (ex holidays),
down to 213 - not really a big drop. The end-of-year week-and-a-day
would be an annual holiday which would include any leap day.
So every month would be 35 days long.

Much more regular - better than the French system I think.
And we'd have no more nonsense about the Sabbath

Clifford Heath.