Posted to sci.electronics.repair
micky micky is offline

Default Dual SIM issues

In sci.electronics.repair, on Sat, 25 Feb 2017 14:29:59 -0500, micky
wrote:

In sci.electronics.repair, on Sat, 25 Feb 2017 14:27:56 -0500, micky
wrote:

If you don't know what Saturday is, you're definitely old.

Ah... reprieved (I think). If "Saturday" is still the sixth day of the week, I've got at least some time left!

I think it's only the sixth day of the week in France.

Bad syntax on my part. I think only in France is it the sixth day of
the week.

Even for France, I'm only going by where it appears on printed
calendars. If you look those Week-at-a-Glance desk calendars with place
to write appointmentns, they separate the weekend into one box, so
there are 3 boxes on each page, but I've always thought they do that
because working people have most of their appointments and scheduled
tasks on workdays.

I looked into this a little, and afaict the Catholics don't say Sunday
is the 7th day, which would make Saturday the 6th. . They say it's the
Lord's Day.

I've been to France but don't remember seeing a calendar. But I've read
that it's been changed, something to do with the French Revolution or
maybe it was Napoleon.

http://www.webexhibits.org/calendars...ar-french.html
The French Revolutionary Calendar (or Republican Calendar) was
officially adopted in France on October 24, 1793 and abolished on 1
January 1806 by Emperor Napoleon I. It was used again briefly during
under the Paris Commune in 1871. The French also established a new
clock, in which the day was divided in ten hours of a hundred minutes of
a hundred seconds - exactly 100,000 seconds per day.
The year was not divided into weeks, instead each month was divided into
three décades of 10 days, of which the final day was a day of rest. This
was an attempt to de-Christianize the calendar, but it was an unpopular
move, because now there were 9 work days between each day of rest,
whereas the Gregorian Calendar had only 6 work days between each
Sunday***. The ten days of each décade were called, respectively,
Primidi, Duodi, Tridi, Quartidi, Quintidi, Sextidi, Septidi, Octidi,
Nonidi, Decadi.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/French...ican_Calendar: The Concordat
of 1801 re-established the Roman Catholic Church as an official
institution in France (though not as a state religion) with effect from
Easter Sunday, 18 April 1802, restoring the names of the days of the
week to the ones they had in the Gregorian Calendar, while keeping the
rest of the Republican Calendar, and fixing Sunday as the official day
of rest and religious celebration.[4]

(This article is pretty long and I haven't read more than a little bit.
It looks combative and therefore I'd take anything it says with a big
grain of salt, and that there's another side to any ideological or even
factual statement, but otoh, it's a comprehensive story so:
https://www.worldslastchance.com/eco...-calendar.html
)

If you're using windows and you click on the time in the lower right
corner, a calendar comes up and Saturday is 7th.

***This reminds me of the way peasants are still ridiculed for
complaining, rioting in some places IIrc, when the calendar was changed
from Julian to Gregorian. The ridicule is based on the idea that they
thought 10 days was being stolen from their lives, and that would be
stupid, but their objection actually was that they were expected to pay
a full month's rent to their landlords, even though that month was only
20 days long. (Also their health club membership was only 20 days
that month.)