Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default American mailboxes

On Tue, 21 Feb 2017 17:56:56 -0000, KenK wrote:

Maybe this has already been answered but here I put the flag up if
there is
mail to be picked up. The PO puts it down after delivery. The PO doesn't
put any flag up to signal they put mail in the box - I alwaus have to
check
to see if I have mail. There are gadgets to tell you remotely if the
mailbox has been opened but if you had mail in the box for pickup that
wouldn't signal you that delivered mail had been left.

The same guy that picks up the mail also delivers it so there is a good
chance you have something in the box if it was opened. I'd guess at 90%
from my experience.