Posted to alt.home.repair
Percival P. Cassidy Percival P. Cassidy is offline

Default Kenmore Stoves

On 02/23/2017 03:43 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

I have an old Kenmore stove that I need to replace and is Kenmore
still a good brand?

Kenmore is not a brand. It is just Sears' way of rebadging someone
else's product. Since Sears is on the verge of being as dead as disco,
I think I would just go for a real brand name. (GE, Whirlpool etc)

Thanks. I had an idea Sears was going in the tank and I will check out
the ones at Home Depot.

No appliance stores in your area? The one near us is about the same
price as the big box stores but gives much better service and delivery.

A little less than a year ago, we bought a Maytag washer and dryer pair
from Lowes. The washer was $599, but I don't recall the price of the
dryer. Free delivery the next day. And we got another 10% off for using
the store charge card.

A few weeks later, I had occasion to go with a friend to the independent
appliance store about a mile away to look for a used washer -- and there
was the same washer for which we had paid $599 with a price using the
same digits but in a different order: $959!

Perce