Posted to rec.antiques.radio+phono,sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] oldschool@tubes.com is offline

Default Holy Crap, this is one huge speaker.....

On Tue, 21 Feb 2017 12:33:12 -0500, Neon John wrote:

On Mon, 20 Feb 2017 13:20:55 -0600, wrote:

http://www.ohgizmo.com/2006/03/06/th...ofer-ever-made

Not even close. The approx 4 story tall horn that NASA built to
reproduce the sound of an Apollo launch will take that honor. The
speaker was used to test sound mitigating techniques. I believe it is
located at Redstone.

John
John DeArmond

I did not find that one on the web, but I did find THIS:
http://alex-audio.com/en/prod/world-biggest-speaker/

The Woofers are 80 inches each....
Handle 5000 watts per channel.

Heck, that would involve a power amp with around 200 6L6 or 807 tubes in
Push-Pull Parallel-Parallel-Parallel-Parallel etc... For EACH
channel...... (And an output transformer about 3 foot big, weighing
close to the weight of a Harley motor cycle, and costing 10X the price
for a brand new Harley).....