Posted to alt.home.repair

Default American mailboxes

On 21 Feb 2017 17:56:56 GMT, KenK wrote:

"James Wilkinson Sword" wrote in
news
How do they know the difference between the flag for them to collect,
and the flag for you to collect?

Maybe this has already been answered but here I put the flag up if there is
mail to be picked up. The PO puts it down after delivery. The PO doesn't
put any flag up to signal they put mail in the box - I alwaus have to check
to see if I have mail. There are gadgets to tell you remotely if the
mailbox has been opened but if you had mail in the box for pickup that
wouldn't signal you that delivered mail had been left.

These days you can put a camera in the box pretty cheaply, if you
already have cameras around the house. You could power it with a solar
collector. You might also get a picture of the guy who steals your
mail if that happens.