Posted to rec.woodworking

Default table saw obsolescence

On 21 Feb 2017 04:11:54 GMT, Puckdropper
puckdropper(at)yahoo(dot)com wrote:

wrote in
:

Not buying it. Not a rotary tool CNC machine, anyway, and not in a
home shop.

Ok.

I did some tests with finger joints on my CNC router and they turned out
quite nicely. I just got distracted with other problems before I finished
the case I was building. In that case, I used the TS to cut the wood to
size, planer to give it a decent finish and parallel edges, and CNC router
to do the end cuts.

I may have been better off cutting the entire piece on the CNC, but the
important part was the finger joints.

Puckdropper

And with the right jig, you could have made the finger joints on the
table saw just as well. Would have taken a bit longer though - and
there are fancy box joints that would be almost impossible to do on
the table saw - and the CNC doing the job of the planer would have
been PAINFULLY slow!!