Posted to rec.woodworking

Default table saw obsolescence

wrote in
:

On 21 Feb 2017 02:09:09 GMT, Puckdropper
puckdropper(at)yahoo(dot)com wrote:

I've got all these neat power saws in my shop, but last night I choose
the manual one. New tools probably won't replace the old ones,
they'll be added to the arsenal so we can choose the right one for the
job.

I bet the power saws were sold as replacing manual saws when they
first came out.

No doubt but I don't see your point. Are you saying that you think
that a CNC machine will displace the table saw? In our lifetimes?

CNC machines will supplement the table saw. They'll offer another way to
make the same cuts, a unique way to make different cuts, and won't be
able to make come of the other cuts a TS can do.

Puckdropper