Posted to rec.woodworking

Default table saw obsolescence

wrote in
:

I highly doubt that I'll ever own a "driverless car" but there is
about 100x the chance that I will (own a driverless car) than a CNC
that would replace my table saw. Not going to happen.

I've got all these neat power saws in my shop, but last night I choose the
manual one. New tools probably won't replace the old ones, they'll be
added to the arsenal so we can choose the right one for the job.

I bet the power saws were sold as replacing manual saws when they first
came out.

Puckdropper