Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Question

On 2/20/17 5:34 PM, Naturous wrote:
Unquestionably Confused laid this down on his screen :
On 2/20/2017 5:16 PM, Naturous wrote:
I've been getting this message on many of the groceries I buy.

"NON GMO"

Maybe the answer would be better axed elsewhere, but there are many
smart peeps here that would have the answer IMO.

All you need to know. . . and then some

https://www.nongmoproject.org/gmo-facts/what-is-gmo/

Why are these mods being done? What benifit is there?

GM corn can resist corn borer. No or less need to spray for
that bug.
Soybeans have been modified to resist the herbicide Roundup. Soybeans
are really
sensitive to any sort of weed killer. They were often weeded by hand.
It was mainly
migrant labor. I'd sometimes see whole families out in fields. It
was more common to
see crews of young guys doing the work. Now it's rare to see anyone
rogueing.