Art Begun

Default New Patio Doors Leak!!

Can't you remove the 2 panels and reverse them? It is hard to
believe the whole unit is facing the wrong way.

"SkyBlue" wrote in message
I have standard builder grade sliding patio doors on a porch,

protected from
rain. They were "professionally" installed by the builder -

backwards. They
leak when I wash the porch with a hose and spray them on purpose. My

wife
stands guard inside with a towel while the leaking is in progress.

Since
they are backwards, the outside door slides over the inside

stationary door,
so there is no way to block it by dropping in a broom handle. Does

that
sound like your installation?

We are looking at replacing them and find that some doors are built

far
better than others. Since you are beach front, you have special

needs. The
cheapest door at HD is not likely to satisfy that location even if

installed
correctly. Have you checked dealers serving the beach community for

their
recommendations. That would go for the windows as well.

William wrote:

I recently bought and installed two sliding glass patio doors for

my
beach cottage. I bought them at Home Depot, the plain-jane,

inexpensive
ones. They are on the front of the building. Whenever there is a
moderate to heavy rain, the doors leak!! The threshold will fill

with
water. It seems to be dripping in where the individual door panels

meet.
What should I do? Should I ask Home Depot for my money back, or

should I
go after the manufacturer? I am steaming mad about this. The 25

year old
patio doors looked bad, but didn't leak at all.

Your comments welcomed.

Will