Edwin Pawlowski

Default Contractor has to see you AND the wife????

"MSH" mnd@jaacom wrote in message

Additionally, trying to consolidate your chances of getting the job by
meeting all the participating parties is hardly "sleazy", it is smart, for
everybody! I didn't get the original post, but we didn't hear the
conversation which prompted the estimator to ask to meet with the wife.

Your points are noted and well stated. If you are estimating a 3 room
addition to my house, or a 40,000 manufacturing building, you are correct.
You want to get information from everyone involved.

The OP wanted a price on some liquid vinyl siding. The "estimator" was not
going to the house to give a price, he wanted to make his sales pitch and
get the contract signed. He would have spent 10 minutes measuring, 5
minutes with the calculator, and an hour giving his sales spiel. "You too,
can have this siding for only $99 a month for 99 years."
Ed

http://pages.cthome.net/edhome