Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default American mailboxes

On Sun, 19 Feb 2017 17:02:18 -0700, rbowman
wrote:

I once ordered a small part (less than half an ounce), and had that
problem. It took a week for the wrong recipient to return it.

[snip]

They may have tried I received something that looked like a hospital
bill for someone I never heard of although the street address was
correct. I wrote 'wrong address' on it and through it in the outgoing
slot. The next day it came back. I crossed out the address with a red
pen reiterated the 'wrong address. return to sender'. Like the cat, it
came back. Next message was 'I've been at this address for 25 years and
that person has never lived here.' That seem to have done the trick.

I once wrote on a prisoner's mail "This inmate is dead" and sent it
back to the prison mail room. It was from his girlfriend. I guess
staff returned it to the sender. I didn't write "he was stabbed in
the jugular and died in minutes". It didn't come back the next day or
ever.