Posted to alt.home.repair
James Wilkinson Sword[_4_] James Wilkinson Sword[_4_] is offline

Default American mailboxes

On Mon, 20 Feb 2017 00:06:24 -0000, rbowman wrote:

On Sun, 19 Feb 2017 22:12:56 -0000, Cindy Hamilton
wrote:

On Sunday, February 19, 2017 at 4:25:51 PM UTC-5, James Wilkinson
Sword wrote:
On Sun, 19 Feb 2017 21:11:33 -0000, Cindy Hamilton
wrote:

On Sunday, February 19, 2017 at 2:00:12 PM UTC-5, James Wilkinson
Sword wrote:
On Sun, 19 Feb 2017 18:48:42 -0000, Bod wrote:

On 19/02/2017 17:54, wrote:
On Sun, 19 Feb 2017 17:28:47 -0000, "James Wilkinson Sword"
wrote:

On Sun, 19 Feb 2017 17:24:07 -0000, wrote:

Unless you live in the city, your mail carrier never gets out
of the
truck.

Incorrect in the UK. Ours actually work for their pay and
walk to each door.

I guess that is because your doors are just a few meters apart.
Around
here it is more like 50-60 meters each. When I walk an association
paper around my little neighborhood, it takes about 4-5 hours
to hit
100 doors. This is not even that rural. There are places right
up the
road (same postal route) where the houses are 200 meters from the
road., A little farther east the houses may be a KM apart.

Many parts of Scotland/Cornwall/Devon etc are like that and they
all get
mail delivered through their letterboxes.

Then I can only assume US postmen are lazy ****s.

It's not the postmen.

We try to get the most mail delivered for the least money.
(Sorry your carrier wastes your money.)

The way to do that is to have them walk as few steps as possible.
Therefore, mailboxes are increasingly located at the side of the road
or centrally located within a subdivision.

So you're all paying a tiny amount of money but having to walk up and
down your drives all the time. And they told me America was rich.

It does no harm to walk down the drive. Mine is only 100 feet long.

Every single time you want to check the mail? You might be waiting for
something important. I know the instant it's here, I hear and see it
come into my house.

I'm sure you sit by the door of your council flat waiting for the
welfare cheque to arrive.

You're wrong on four counts.

--
He was so unlucky . . .
Last week, his inflatable doll ran off with his airbag.