Posted to rec.woodworking

Default table saw obsolescence

On Sun, 19 Feb 2017 12:46:27 -0800 (PST), DerbyDad03
wrote:

Computer Numeric Control

Depending on what you are using the technology for, it can reasonably
priced or very expensive.

Reasonable:

https://www.amazon.com/Konmison-Mach.../dp/B01EYCQDFU

And THAT machine could not do ANYTHING you would typically do on a
table saw.

Expensive:

https://www.tormach.com/buy_15lslantpro.html

And nor would that one!!.

We are talking about machines like this!!!
http://multicam.ca/wp-content/upload...er-908x648.jpg

or the RC8 shown here -:
http://www.shopsabre.com/cnc/router/rc-series/

Note the price is well north of 15 Gs.

Either of these can take the place of
https://www.homedepot.ca/en/home/p.1...FVu5wAodsmwNuQ
at $829, or
http://www.leevalley.com/en/hardware...=1,41080,72156
The fully loaded SawStop contactor saw for $Cdn 2837 - or the cadillac
- the loaded professional cabinet version for about $4475 Canadian
converted to 220 volt..

And just look at the difference in real estate eaten up by the
different options. I don't have 35 square feet of space to dedicate to
a tool that is not utilized full time!!! - even if I DID have the
spare "bread" to buy it.