Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default American mailboxes

On Sunday, February 19, 2017 at 11:40:34 AM UTC-5, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
On Sun, 19 Feb 2017 16:32:59 -0000, Uncle Monster wrote:

On Sunday, February 19, 2017 at 7:53:30 AM UTC-6, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
On Sun, 19 Feb 2017 08:20:41 -0000, Bod wrote:

Our letterboxes on our houses have a flap that shuts automatically as
soon as the letters go through the flap.

A spring is far too complicated a device for an American to understand.. Stop making fun of them!
--

Years ago, I had a brass mail slot with a flap installed in the door of my business. It used a very complicated system to close the flap that my Limey cousins have yet to comprehend. It's called gravity and it worked every time.
ヽ(€¢€¿€¢)ノ

Too many have strong springs on the inner flap, which means you try to push the letter through and it pushes it back out!

Frigging idiot. Too many? How do you know that? Oh, wait. You already said
that everyone who forgets to check their mail has told you that, so I guess
everyone with an internal spring has told you about their problems too.

Don't you guys have anything else to talk about besides all of your mail
related problems? Forgetting to check it, mail that flies back out of the
slot, etc. Jeez, get a life!

The outside flap should be sprung to prevent the wind flapping it, the inside should be gravity controlled.

Frigging idiot. Have you ever heard of a storm door? Oh, never mind. You can't
afford one.