Posted to alt.home.repair
Bod[_3_] Bod[_3_] is offline

Default American mailboxes

On 19/02/2017 16:32, Uncle Monster wrote:
On Sunday, February 19, 2017 at 7:53:30 AM UTC-6, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
On Sun, 19 Feb 2017 08:20:41 -0000, Bod wrote:

Our letterboxes on our houses have a flap that shuts automatically as
soon as the letters go through the flap.

A spring is far too complicated a device for an American to understand. Stop making fun of them!
--

Years ago, I had a brass mail slot with a flap installed in the door of my business. It used a very complicated system to close the flap that my Limey cousins have yet to comprehend. It's called gravity and it worked every time.

[8~{} Uncle Complicated Monster

Without a spring the letterbox can rattle and also not seal properly.

---
http://www.avg.com