Posted to sci.electronics.repair,rec.antiques.radio+phono
[email protected] oldschool@tubes.com is offline

Default This is going to be painful

I have been looking at the caps in my Eico 320 signal generator. I know
I need to recap it, but the thought of removing all these old paper/wax
caps that say "Made in the USA" and tossing them in the trash is going
to be very painful. Especially when I know all the new ones will be made
in China, coated with some lifeless plastic, totally lacking any charm.

And they are all brand name Aerovox, except one called Tiger, (Those are
rare). And the electrolytic is a Cornell Dubilier. Great American names
from the good old days, and I hate tossing history in the trash.... (not
to mention that the wax ones are clean and still look brand new).

But I know that once I put the case back on the chassis, I wont see the
ugly words "made in China" on them.....

Ah Hell, I'll replace them, but I know they wont go in the trash. Maybe
there is some form of art that can be made from them....