Posted to comp.mobile.android,misc.phone.mobile.iphone,sci.electronics.repair
Stijn De Jong[_2_] Stijn De Jong[_2_] is offline

Default Which app do you use to scan/debug GSM/CDMA cellular tower signal strength?

On Sat, 18 Feb 2017 01:25:52 -0000 (UTC), Lewis wrote:

The one that provides LTE coverage. As far as I know, they only have one
of those.

I have two completely different types of CellSpot devices, both of which
say LTE.

Here is a photo of one type in my house, called "CellSpot" and "LTE":
http://i.cubeupload.com/uNXXgZ.jpg

Here is a photo of another type alongside it, also called "CellSpot" and
"LTE":
https://u.cubeupload.com/WoN2gQ.jpg

They are extremely different, even though the T-Mobile MARKETING calls both
of them a "CellSpot" and "4G LTE".
https://u.cubeupload.com/dIGbMo.jpg

Which type do you have?
The whole reason for this thread was to distinguish between the two.

How many decibels of cellular signal do you get from them?

In the basement (cellspot is in the garage) I have -78dB currently. If I
go into the garage it's about -60dB-65dB, IIRC.

That's absolutely astoundingly high cellular signal strength (RSSI).
All the articles put the range at -50 to -110 or -120dBm.

Are you getting that from your T-Mobile micro tower?
How do you know? (Because that's the entire reason for this thread.)