George E. Cawthon

Default Replacing furnace blower motor

CBHvac wrote:

"George E. Cawthon" wrote in message

kjpro wrote:

"CBHvac" wrote in message
When I disconnected the motor I made sure to write down which wire
represented what speed and where on the board it was connected.

When I
am
getting a new motor, I'll make sure that the number of wires are the
same
and that it comes with instructions. I'll certainly make sure the

shaft
dimensions are the same as well.

Then he has the "direction" to deal with........LOL

(this thing doesn't blow any air) Hehehehe..

--
kjpro
_-~-__-~-__-~-__-~-__-~-__-~-__-~-__-~-__-~-__-~-__-~-_

( kjpro @ starband . net ) remove spaces to e-mail

Want it done yesterday? Or done right today, to save money tomorrow!!

_________________________ __

Ha. Ha. By this reasoning only professionals should change
wheels on cars-- someone might put the wheel on backward and
with power the vehicle would just spin around.

Humm...no....since a WHEEL, unless its a true directional, in the sense of
pattern, not function, could care less.
A blower wheel, however, DOES care what direction it is turning in.

Seriously,
anyone that doesn't know what they are doing, should hire
someone who does, but reading a few books can often provide
all the knowledge anyone needs. Anyone that doesn't have
enough sense to check motor direction before installing,
shouldn't. There are damn few thing I can't do or fix
around my house and I'll do it better and a lot cheaper than
a professional. Those things I don't do because I don't have
the tools or the desire to learn are ac stuff and
complicated electronics in a gas furnace.

Yeah, I know that was lame, and yes I know that put the
wheel on backwards won't change the direction it turns and
the car won't spin. Hey, it was like all analogies...
imperfect.