Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default how do I remove a B16 tapered chuck from its mandrel?

On 15/02/2017 13:57, Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Wed, 15 Feb 2017 11:44:52 +0000, GB wrote:

Am I understanding this correctly, the only thing holding the chuck in
place is that it has a tapered shank that fits in a tapered hole?

Yes, expect the hole is in the chuck and the spindle has the shank.

I have a similar cheap pillar drill, chuck does very occasionally
fall of.

Yup, same here... giving both chuck and spindle a good clean and then
applying a small amount of loctite seemed to solve the problem of it
dropping off.

--
Cheers,

John.