Art Begun

Default Grout cracking

I have a different opinion.

The last time I did what everyone suggested.... scratch out all grout
and put fresh in and seal it. But in a less than a year, it started
looking bad again. Next time I will just keep touching it up until I
replace all the tile with a solid surface.

"Jill" wrote in message
"Dorot29701" wrote in message
Are the tiles loose? If not, then there probably isn't water

damage.
Grout
doesn't "take" well if you do a half-way job of scraping out the

old loose
grout. You have to scrape it all out and clean the loose stuff up

before
putting in new grout. Then you need to let it cure - or it starts

cracking
again. I would scrape out the old stuff and put in new grout

before going
the extremes of putting in a new tub surround.

Dorothy

No, they don't seem to be loose at all. I suppose I can remove the

grout
and see if anything icky turns up.....

~ Jill