Posted to rec.woodworking
Jack Jack is offline

Default Not looking good for the Bosch Reaxx TS

On 2/13/2017 11:14 AM, J. Clarke wrote:
In article ,
says...

Not true with my exhaust system. The stainless steel exhaust has never
once been cleaned and it is now 16+ years old, and in the rust belt.
Surely GM could have used the same stuff in the brake lines, which is
magnitudes more important than the exhaust system as far as safety goes.

So you never go through a car wash?

Never, at least not with this truck.

And what pressure does your exhaust have to
withstand? What pressure do your brake lines
have to withstand?

The break lines have no problem withstanding pressure, until they RUST!
There is no excuse not to use break lines that don't rust. Exhaust
system were/are notorious rusters when made of steel. They rust from
the inside because of all the crap, including water expelled from the
engine, and laying in the pipes. Break lines don't have to battle all
that crap and could easily be made not to rust for the life of the car.

Between the brake lines rusting and the ABS braking system failing
repeatedly, GM should have been sued out of business. BTW, it only cost
$700 to have all the brake lines replaced on that truck, and that was a
few years ago, and at a garage, not a dealer. Would have been more at
the dealer.

My daughter and son both had Chevy Cavaliers in college and brake lines
rusted out on both cars. I've been driving for 56 years and never
replaced brake lines until this GM truck and the two Cavaliers my kids
had. That's 3 for 3... good job there GM. Our screwed up government
fines VW a $billion or more for fudging MPG on a few cars, but could
care less that the brakes on GM products SUCK big time.

My brother has a '95 Ford truck and brake lines are fine. GM is a no
sale for me and my family. My wife has a VS Passat, my daughter a Ford
and Son a VW Jetta I think it is. If I ever buy another truck, it will
be a Ford, or a Toyota, leaning towards the Toyota although the aluminum
Ford sounds rust free, something I would like a lot.

--
Jack
http://jbstein.com