Posted to rec.woodworking
Scott Lurndal Scott Lurndal is offline

Default Not looking good for the Bosch Reaxx TS

Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet writes:
On 2/12/2017 12:45 PM, wrote:
On Sunday, February 12, 2017 at 10:54:04 AM UTC-6, Leon wrote:

I mentioned the recyclable trash bags that the City of Houlston
requires for yard waste. they are patented and required by the
city if you are going to throw away yard waste.

While not a vehicle component it is an example of a product that
has to be used with the city's approval code, if you are going to
throw yard refuse away.

I guess the refuse bags sort of, kind of meet what I was asking.
Although I doubt plastic bags are patented. They are specifically
marked for Houston use. But anyone could make a similar bag out of
petroleum and put the same markings on the bag and sell it for refuse
use in Houston.

Well a reasonable person would assume that.

Actually, I disagree. It's quite clear that a bag designed
for yard-waste would need to be made from a substance that
will quickly break down into environmentally benign
byproducts. That precludes petroleum-based bags.

IIRC the bags had a patent
pending number, had a seal, Approved by the city of Houston.

Yard waste, right? They compost it, so the bags must also
be compostable.

There
were/are several other heavier/thicker mil recycleable refuse bags
available and much less expensive. But if you used those bags a warning
label was attached and the bag was not picked up.

Of course, since they'd contaminate the compost.

The really unfortunate thing about the city of Housotn bags was that
they were so thin that the humidity/condensation would cause them to
begin melting from sitting out for just one one night and totally forget
it it rained.

The bags are designed to be biodegradable.