Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Not looking good for the Bosch Reaxx TS

On Mon, 13 Feb 2017 16:44:57 -0800 (PST), DerbyDad03
wrote:

On Monday, February 13, 2017 at 5:07:28 PM UTC-5, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 2/13/2017 11:14 AM, J. Clarke wrote:

So you never go through a car wash?

And what pressure does your exhaust have to
withstand? What pressure do your brake lines
have to withstand?

It doesn't matter what the brake lines are made
of, a 16 year old vehicle should have them
inspected and replaced as necessary.

You're expecting magic materials to take the
place of proper maintenance.

I'd agree if the lines lasted that long. In 55 years of driving, I
never replaced corroded brake lines until rather recently. I drove
plenty of 10 to 15 year old crap cars but two newer cars (2001 and 2010)
needed brake lines after six years.

That said, the 2001 Buick was falling apart in six years and I ended up
giving it away. Last GM car for me.

2002 Mitsubishi Galant. Brake lines rusted out, strut towers rusted out, body rusted out, water was leaking in from under the globe compartment. I sold it to my mechanic for the price of
scrap so he could teach his son how to fix cars.

2 weeks later he found out that the frame was rusted out so he rewrote the lesson plan.
He taught his son how to part out junk cars.

Mitsu****is and Mazdas still rust like it's 1984.