Posted to rec.woodworking

Default A tip for lubricating you clamps.

On Sunday, February 12, 2017 at 1:01:23 PM UTC-6, Leon wrote:
..
But Leon... think of the great OSHA/science information you got from
a comment on clamps! I was surprised though, that the engine left
the track the second post after yours...

LOL..... A well thought out post brings the possibility of many tangents.

Yeah, right. Here is the way it appears to me:

Leon: I have some tips on how to use and maintain clamps.
1st response: My brother in law has a ton of clamps.
2nd response: Hah! My sister in law weighs a ton!
3rd response: She is lucky the nanny state police don't get on her about her weight!
4th response: Screw safety devices. We may not be forced to use them yet, but the nanny state could make us one day. Down with retail tyranny and heavy handed politicians! I am going to cut off a finger before they can get to me to try to keep me from exercising my right to do it!
5th response: I like pie!
6th response: Me too!

I knew about the compression withing the clamp head and its grinding
feel after use.

I had no doubt that you would already know this.

Well... with 40 plus years of doing this stuff for days/weeks/years on end you are bound to learn something. Even then, note that I pointed out someone showed me how to take care of that problem. That could be one of those things (like my comment on my Jorgensons) that I just never figured out.

The learning curve can be cut well in half if you work with hundreds of different professionals all in the same field. It's the small stuff like the tips like the one you posted that are //so useful// yet go unnoticed.

Robert