Posted to rec.woodworking
Jack Jack is offline

Default Not looking good for the Bosch Reaxx TS

On 2/12/2017 1:55 PM, Larry Blanchard wrote:
On Sun, 12 Feb 2017 12:43:20 -0500, Jack wrote:

C'mon people. Every time anyone even mentions Sawstop someone
resurrects the brouhaha we've had several times now. Whatever your
opinion, you're not changing others. Can't we just let it go? Get
back to woodworking? Even a political thread would be more interesting
:-).

Why is it when a lot of people engage in a topic they find interesting,
someone attempts to impose their personal disinterest on the rest of the
group. Why can't you just skip the topics you are not interested in,
that's what most people would do?

I found the topic quite interesting the first time it generated a massive
response. Even the second time gave me a few more snippets of info. But
now it just elicits an "Oh no, not again" response.

That's fine, you don't like it, skip it.

In other words, it's not that the topic isn't of interest, it's that its
been beaten to death already. Now if you're a newbie, I forgive you.

Should everyone but newbies ask forgiveness for participating in topics
Larry is no longer interested in?

You haven't seen all the previous incarnations. But what I see is mostly
the same posters with the same opinions they've had since the beginning.

If you were forced to read every message posted, I could see you trying
to get everyone to kowtow to your views, but of course you are free to
read what you want. If a topic is popular, naturally it will garner
plenty of response. If it's not popular, it will die a natural death,
with no need for Larry's help.

In the old (very, very old days, before the internet) People like you
would bitch because it wasted bandwidth. It was a lie then, because it
wasn't really about the bandwidth, it was a control freak issue, just as
it is today.

I wonder if some of them have any time left to do woodworking?

Yeah, right. You're worried that people participating in a topic you
find not interesting is keeping them from woodworking. That's a new
twist on the bandwidth crap. Just skip what you don't like and stop
trying to control everything.

--
Jack
If we are here to help others, then what exactly are the others here for?