Posted to rec.woodworking
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Progress Report on the Office Library

On Sunday, February 12, 2017 at 7:14:25 PM UTC-5, Leon wrote:
On 2/12/2017 5:48 PM, Markem wrote:
On Sun, 12 Feb 2017 17:28:43 -0500, wrote:

On Sun, 12 Feb 2017 11:03:11 -0600, "Dave in SoTex"
wrote:

"DerbyDad03" wrote in message

Make me an offer on this one. ;-)

Am sure I offered up this solution which has worked very well for
accessing the small sleeping loft at our tiny Colorado cabin. One has to be
careful to get it right when you must find your way down for the inevitable
middle-of-the-night bathroom visit [or two].
See: alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking / Jefferson Stairs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45vymlPmq7s

I bet building inspectors love those!

Leon have you looked at architectural salvage, Houston has to have
someplace.

I have not looked at all so far. I have not got the book cases put in
yet. I need to know exactly what my needs will be before I go hunting.
But yes, we have Habitat for Humanity stores here and probably some old
resale and or antique stores.

It's probably too late now - or maybe not even important - but wouldn't
it make sense to look for a ladder at the start of the project, just in
case you need to make some kind of adjustment to your plans?

It would suck find the perfect ladder and then find that you are an inch
off on the placement of a shelf or divider or structural piece, preventing
a proper mounting.

Don't take that as a rookie giving advice to an expert, take it as a
question. ;-)