Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default Not looking good for the Bosch Reaxx TS

On 2/12/2017 2:13 PM, wrote:
On Sun, 12 Feb 2017 10:45:25 -0800 (PST), "
wrote:

On Sunday, February 12, 2017 at 10:54:04 AM UTC-6, Leon wrote:

I mentioned the recyclable trash bags that the City of Houlston requires
for yard waste. they are patented and required by the city if you are
going to throw away yard waste.

While not a vehicle component it is an example of a product that has to
be used with the city's approval code, if you are going to throw yard
refuse away.

I guess the refuse bags sort of, kind of meet what I was asking. Although I doubt plastic bags are patented. They are specifically marked for Houston use. But anyone could make a similar bag out of petroleum and put the same markings on the bag and sell it for refuse use in Houston. And I suspect other landfills in your area or another county will accept yard waste without the specific Houston bag. I'm guessing the bags are required only if you want the city of Houston to pick up the waste from your curb. You are buying their service and are required to use their procedures. When I buy my cable TV I have to use their receiver box. With waste pickup its built into the water bill you get each month so not really a choice. In my city for picking up Christmas trees on the curb you have to buy a special ribbon and tie it onto the tree for the city workers to pick up the tree. Can't remember how we do yard waste. Might be the same as Houston.

The bags are not made of petro-plastic. They are (at least the ones
we use here for composible refuse - food waste etc) made of corn or
soy and are fully biodegradable. And they ARE patented (AT least the
plastic they are made of is) and the few companies authorized to make
them DO have an "enforced monopoly"
For yard waste we have to use multi-layer paper bags which are widely
available from many suppliers and retailers.

And doesn't seem only natural to use paper bags... follow the money to
see why patented city approved bags are the only ones you can use....