ameijers

Default New Patio Doors Leak!!

"William" wrote in message
I recently bought and installed two sliding glass patio doors for my
beach cottage. I bought them at Home Depot, the plain-jane, inexpensive
ones. They are on the front of the building. Whenever there is a
moderate to heavy rain, the doors leak!! The threshold will fill with
water. It seems to be dripping in where the individual door panels meet.
What should I do? Should I ask Home Depot for my money back, or should I
go after the manufacturer? I am steaming mad about this. The 25 year old
patio doors looked bad, but didn't leak at all.

Hard to see from here, but it sounds like you installed them incorrectly,
such that the weep holes to outside world in the lower tracks are blocked.
Hope you flashed the sills correctly, or your decking will be rotting
shortly. Also possible you installed them 'racked', such that the sliding
seal in the middle ain't making it. Call a door'n'window company. or a good
carpenter, to come out and look, and give you a quote to take them apart
and put them back together correctly.

aem sends...