Jill

Default Grout cracking

"Tom J" wrote in message

"Jill" wrote in message
The grout aroudn the tile in the shower/tub stall is cracking. The

bottom
parts are worse, and there are hairline cracks about half way up. We

moved
into this house in December, and there was no cracking then.

There us one small bit where the grout fell off, and the crack was

filled
with silicone beneath.

When we moved it, we found grout patch and silicone in a box. I wonder

if
there was damage that they just covered up.

What is my next step? Do I need to pull down the tiles?

In spite of what some told you, you have a major problem. If the joints

were
solid 8 months ago and now they are cracked open everywhere, and on top of
that you discovered silicone in one of the joints that came loose, my bet

is
the support behind the tile is wet - maybe rotted, and another patch will

be
just that - a patch.

Tom J

Dang. I think this is the first time I wished we had more than one
bathroom. This will be a project that needs to take 3 days, max. I have no
idea where to start. I thought the tiles looked nice, but I think I'll
look into getting one of those plastic solid piece tub/wall things......and
I'll have to hire someone to do it. It is beyond my know how.

~ Jill