Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default Not looking good for the Bosch Reaxx TS

On 2/12/2017 12:27 PM, J. Clarke wrote:
In article , jbstein2
@comcast.net says...

On 2/11/2017 8:48 PM, wrote:
On Sat, 11 Feb 2017 12:22:43 -0500, "J. Clarke"

Just google "abs problems".
I've had sensors fail. I've had reluctor wheels split and spin, split
and jam, and split and fall off. I've had them rust, and I've had them
fill with crud between the teeth - all rendering them inneffective.
I've had wires break and connections corrode.. I've had to replace
very expensive wheel bearing assemblies because the sensor built into
them failed.

What do you _do_ to the poor things? The only
ABS maintenance my Jeep has needed in 20 years
was having one cable replaced after it got
snagged on something or other and got physically
ripped off.

I FIX the damned things.

GM was never able to (permanently) fix the ABS on my 2001 GMC truck.
After numerous repairs and almost killing me several times on dry
pavement, I gave up and pulled the ABS fuse to prevent them going off
under normal breaking conditions.

All you need is to have the ABS go off on a dry day on concrete at 50
mph when attempting to make a routine stop behind a line of traffic.
This was apparently common with GM as two inspection garages told me it
was common and most just pull the fuse and disable the ABS. That
"fixed" it, so next, the brake lines rusted out.

When your braking ability suddenly is reduced to 50% for no apparent
reason other than the ABS deciding to activate for no reason, you learn
quickly just how much force your brake peddle can handle w/o
breaking/bending. Trust me, it is a lot.

GM recalled my truck for the tailgate straps that could (but didn't)
rust. No problem with ABS brake failure, or brake lines rusting out,
but sure wouldn't want tailgate to drop 6 inches. How is it I have
stainless steel exhaust but break lines on every GM product I've owned
have rusted out?

Contrary to popular belief, stainless steel
corrodes under the right circumstances. If you
want it to last you have to keep it pretty
clean.

Also look into recall 05V379000.

You are not being specific with the SS you mentioned but it will indeed
rust if a magnet will stick to it.