Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default Not looking good for the Bosch Reaxx TS

On 2/11/2017 11:57 AM, wrote:

Driving has long been considered a privelege, not a right. Your
comparison doesn't hold water.

Do you consider using a table saw a right? I'd classify it as a privilege too. There is some document written hundreds of years ago talking about the pursuit of happiness. Maybe table saws fall under that saying. Using table saws is a privilege. The government can mandate insurance and/or safety devices.

Can anyone give an example of a law that required using a patented, licensed device?

This question still stands. Does anyone have an example of a government mandated device that was still under license and restricted? ABS, airbags, seatbelts were all public property free to everyone when they were mandated.

I mentioned the recyclable trash bags that the City of Houlston requires
for yard waste. they are patented and required by the city if you are
going to throw away yard waste.

While not a vehicle component it is an example of a product that has to
be used with the city's approval code, if you are going to throw yard
refuse away.