Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] damduck-egg@yahoo.co.uk is offline

Default Low voltage lighting in 18th edition?

On Sat, 11 Feb 2017 23:28:17 +0000, dennis@home
wrote:

I want to continue with the 230V as the stuff will be cheaper than
having the limited 240V market.

But we've never changed from 240V, we just *call* it 230V now.

But if they have to mark everything 240V rather than 230V its going to
put up the price. Not that paying more has any effect on brexiteers.

Somewhere in the world a factory is making lamps for Australia
Specification says 240 Volt
https://www.lightonline.com.au/gls-b...st-60w-bayonet
same for New Zealand
http://thelightbulbshop.co.nz/incand...1#.WJ-wffZ4jIU

Fairly sure that India is still 240 as well,

Shouldn't be too difficult to find who supplies those places and get
those versions.
Whether the actual lamps differ from the 230 ones coming out of the
same Chinese factory I would not know.

G.Harman