Posted to rec.woodworking
Bill[_47_] Bill[_47_] is offline

Default Not looking good for the Bosch Reaxx TS

Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 2/11/2017 2:47 PM, Bill wrote:
Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 2/11/2017 1:48 PM, Bill wrote:
Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 2/11/2017 12:57 PM, wrote:
On Friday, February 10, 2017 at 9:55:24 PM UTC-6,
wrote:

Driving has long been considered a privelege, not a right. Your
comparison doesn't hold water.

Do you consider using a table saw a right? I'd classify it as a
privilege too. There is some document written hundreds of years ago
talking about the pursuit of happiness. Maybe table saws fall under
that saying. Using table saws is a privilege. The government can
mandate insurance and/or safety devices.

I see it as a right.

Your insurance company could say they wouldn't accept liability
associated with it

So? They haven't. I do know our carrier for Workmen's Comp is asking
customers to buy a SawStop or equal but have not stopped insuring.
That is anecdotal as we don't have saws at work.

Still a right

Some say smoking is a "right". But if they charge $10 a pack, hasn't the
right been taken away from you?

No, just made more expensive. I gave it up 40+ years ago. You can
grow your own tobacco if you want.

If you don't agree that some would use taxation to take away you rights,
you may just not have seen high enough rates yet... Charge a "birth
tax" and see if you can't affect population growth.