Posted to rec.woodworking
Brewster[_2_] Brewster[_2_] is offline

Default Woodpeckers isn't alone

On 2/8/17 11:38 AM, woodchucker wrote:

I think there is a market, just really small. It's a nice design, well
thought out, but pricey. And for most of us, a huge luxury that's not
needed. If we were doing many boxes with wrap around look it could pay.

As far as thickness, that's up to you , you want to drive the point down
to just a few thousandths from going through.

I do see this for small shops, that maybe do a run of wine boxes for a
company, or decorative boxes for whatever.

In my mind the benefit of this is the stepped miter. Wayyyy easier to
clamp up square. This can be done with a dado set at 45 degrees, but you
lose the step.

-BR