Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Tub feet

On Fri, 10 Feb 2017 18:11:02 -0600, "Terry Coombs"
wrote:

I tried the other day to mount the feet on our "new" (mfd 1910) clawfoot tub
, and they won't fit into the slot . I didn't try to force them , wouldn't
want to crack this thing ... I figger I need to get after either the feet or
the sides of the slot in the tub with a grinder , but which is not critical
. My question is how loose/tight do I want to fit these things ? Light
interference fit or a little loose and shim them with cardboard to keep them
in place while I roll the tub upright ?
Got all the bits and pieces ($$!) now and the Mrs. wants to soak ...

You want them as snug as possible without requiring excessive force
to install. Looseness allows movement, which can cause breakage.. If
you get too much clearance, use urethane to bond them in place (the
stuff they mount windshields with on late model vehicles)