Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Tub feet

BQ340 wrote:
On 2/10/2017 7:11 PM, Terry Coombs wrote:
I tried the other day to mount the feet on our "new" (mfd 1910)
clawfoot tub , and they won't fit into the slot . I didn't try to
force them , wouldn't want to crack this thing ... I figger I need
to get after either the feet or the sides of the slot in the tub
with a grinder , but which is not critical . My question is how
loose/tight do I want to fit these things ? Light interference fit
or a little loose and shim them with cardboard to keep them in place
while I roll the tub upright ? Got all the bits and pieces ($$!)
now and the Mrs. wants to soak ...

I recall them being a loose fit & they had a slot in them for a cut
nail to wedge them on place, but it has been a few years.......

MikeB

Hmm , I'll look tomorrow , there is one that will fit on one corner .
These slide onto a ledge kinda like a french cleat , I never looked at the
other end . Would make sense to use a wedge to lock them in place .
--
Snag