Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Tub feet

I tried the other day to mount the feet on our "new" (mfd 1910) clawfoot tub
, and they won't fit into the slot . I didn't try to force them , wouldn't
want to crack this thing ... I figger I need to get after either the feet or
the sides of the slot in the tub with a grinder , but which is not critical
.. My question is how loose/tight do I want to fit these things ? Light
interference fit or a little loose and shim them with cardboard to keep them
in place while I roll the tub upright ?
Got all the bits and pieces ($$!) now and the Mrs. wants to soak ...
--
Snag