Posted to rec.woodworking
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Woodpeckers isn't alone

On Thursday, February 9, 2017 at 10:16:00 PM UTC-5, wrote:
On Thu, 9 Feb 2017 10:21:11 -0500, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 2/9/2017 7:50 AM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

Real question:

If the MDF was reduced to a few thousands, would it bend like the wood veneer would or
would it snap?

Last night I was watching an episode of Street Science (series on
Science Channel). They had slow motion of a wine glass flexing under
high frequency. Things we think of as solid can flex.

You mean, like, springs? ;-)

I would think it would have some flex, but not as much as wood veneer
and then snap.

This should be pretty easy to test.

When you are done, please upload the video to YouTube. Thanks!