Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default Finding handyman?

On Thu, 9 Feb 2017 16:44:47 -0500, "TomR" wrote:

Finding a local real estate agent is a choice. "Who do the use" when
putting a house on the market? They have contacts they use for work to
be done. Cheaper than a property manager. The contacts get work via
the RE.

Good point and a good idea. Local real estate agencies always need people
who can correct minor issues and do repairs that are cited in inspection
reports so their clients can close on the property they are selling. They
all have "go to" people that they can use and that they can suggest to their
clients.

Right. When we both retired we bought rental homes for investment.
Intending the flip them. We held off for a couple of years, Later
sold them for double or more than we paid. Cash money and closed in 30
days.

Did our own work for fixes but moved into detailing homes for sale.
Small fixes, etc. We had a good team; a RE, insurance person, money
person, and some more, like Bibba

Like the OP age stopped that. An RE will be happy to offer a name of
someone that they prefer. Part of their "team".